Quadel has provided consulting services to Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) administering vouchers since the inception of the voucher program in 1974. Our team has a strong track record of working with agencies to streamline their programs and maximize the use of scarce funding while maintaining or improving performance. Quadel is often asked to develop or update voucher program documents: administrative plans, policies, procedures, job descriptions and forms. Quadel has completed more than 100 management assessments of HCV programs for low, standard, and high-performing agencies, and conducted many SEMAP assessments, RIM reviews and tenant file audits.
For HUD, use our voucher program expertise to conduct broad-based technical assistance as well as research and studies, including:
- HUD Administrative Fee Study: Assisted with the development of data collection instruments and participated in 32 PHA site visits which included pre-trip data collection and preparation, on site interviews and file reviews, and preparation of post- visit written reports
- Rent Reform Study: Assisted with site recruitment, selection and monitoring for HUD rent reform demonstration. Analyzed HUD data to select sites for Moving to Work program and provided technical assistance and training to strengthen the treatment adaptation and evaluation practices
- Technical assistance to 132 PHAs administering the Welfare-to-Work (WtW) voucher program;
- Development of HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Guidebook; and
- Participation in four HUD research projects studying utilization, Regional Opportunities Counseling (ROC) program, community relations, and state and metropolitan administration of the voucher program.
- Quadel is a member of three teams that were successful in receiving HUD technical assistance funds under the 2014 Community Compass NOFA to provide training and technical assistance to PHAs.
Recent Housing Authority Technical Assistance activities include:
|Everett Housing Authority||2015||HCV file review|
|Housing Authority of the City of Alameda||2014||HCV program and streamlining review|
|Housing Authority of the City of Fort Lauderdale||2014||HCV streamlining review|
|Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority||2014||HCV program review|
|Polk County, IA||2014||HCV program review|
|Charter Oaks Communities Stamford CT||2014||HCV program review|
|Pontiac Housing Commission||2013||HCV program review|