Consulting & Technical Assistance
Quadel has provided consulting services to Public Housing Agences (PHAs) administering vouchers since the inception of the voucher program in 1974. Our team has a strong track record of working with agencies to reengineer their programs and maximize the use of scarce funding while maintaining or improving performance. Quadel is often asked to develop or update voucher program documents, such as administrative plans, policies, procedures, job descriptions and forms. Quadel has completed more than 100 management assessments of HCV programs for low, standard, and high-performing agencies and conducted numerous SEMAP assessments, RIM reviews and tenant file audits.
For HUD, we have used our voucher program expertise to conduct broad-based technical assistance as well as research and studies, including:
- Technical assistance to 132 PHAs administering the Welfare-to-Work (WtW) voucher program;
- Development of HUD's Housing Choice Voucher Guidebook; and
- Participation in four HUD research projects studying utilization, Regional Opportunities Counseling (ROC) program, community relations, and state and metropolitan administration of the voucher program.
Examples of some of our recent consulting assistance to PHAs include:
|Client, Period, Services
Jersey City Housing Authority (NJ) - 1998 - 2008
- Provided a range of services to improve the operations of the
Public Housing Admissions and Leasing Unit under a multi-year IQC
- Services provided included conducting a pre-SEMAP site review;
providing occupancy; providing financial management training to HCV
supervisory personnel on-site
Miami-Dade Public Housing Agency (FL) - 2006 - 2008
- Provided HCV operational assisstance under an IQC contract
- Services provided included developing Action Plans for key
operational functions; evaluating performance issues in various areas
where current systems were failing, including, re-exams, rent payments,
customer service, and PIC reporting; recommending steps to strengthen
internal controls; and purging approximately 5,000 tenant files and
conducted RIM reviews over 750 files.
Lexington, KY Housing Authority - 2008
- Conducted an organizational assessment to evaluate the Agency's
compliance, customer service, information systems, personnel and
training, policies and procedures, tenant and owner communications
San Diego Housing Commission - 2007 - 2008
- Provided assistance in the preparation of a proposal to HUD that describes how the Commission plans to take advantage of Move to Work authority.