Note: This session available in New York & Chicago ONLY
This one-day session addresses the nuances of affordable housing with Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). This optional session will be offered in New York City and Chicago only as an add-on to our regular HUD Assisted Properties: Update and Tools.
This training session includes an overall understanding of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, including the flow of funds and motivation of stakeholders. Participants will understand the importance of accurate projections and how to avoid common pitfalls of structuring a deal. The format of this session brings together the training expertise and experience of the leaders and encourages discussion and sharing of knowledge and experiences of the participants.
Participants completing the course receive 8 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge.
Brochure: Accounting Series (pdf)
Who Should Attend:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA’s) and other development team members from management companies, non-profit sponsors, general partners and accounting firms who wish to gain an understanding and avoid common pitfalls in deal structure.
- Those concerned with understanding and gaining critical insight which will ensure compliance with the Partnership Agreement and LIHTC financial requirements.
- Legislative History
- Allowable Basis and 10% Test
- Cost Certification
- 8609 Issuance
- Determining Applicable Fraction and First Year Credit Percentage
Programmatic and Investor Partner Promises
- Underwriting Projections
- Preparation of Annual 8609A
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls
- Credit Adjusters
- End of Compliance Period
Registered CPE Sponsor:
PKF O’Connor Davies is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authroity in the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Suite 700, Nashville, TC 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org
Early Bird Pricing: Deadline TBA
Read the Cancellation Policy