This one-day session addresses the nuances of affordable housing with Low-Income Housing Tax
Credits (LIHTC). This optional session will be offered in ALL cities as an add-on to our regular HUD Assisted Properties: Update and Tools.
This training session includes an overall understanding of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, including the flow of funds and motivation of stakeholders. Participants will understand the importance of accurate projections and how to avoid common pitfalls of structuring a deal. The format of this session brings together the training expertise and experience of the leaders and encourages discussion and sharing of knowledge and experiences of the participants.
Participants completing the course receive 8 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge.
Brochure: Accounting Series (pdf)
Who Should Attend:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA’s) and other development team members from management companies, non-profit sponsors, general partners and accounting firms who wish to gain an understanding and avoid common pitfalls in deal structure.
- Those concerned with understanding and gaining critical insight which will ensure compliance with the Partnership Agreement and LIHTC financial requirements.
- Legislative History
- Allowable Basis and 10% Test
- Cost Certification
- 8609 Issuance
- Determining Applicable Fraction and First Year Credit Percentage
Programmatic and Investor Partner Promises
- Underwriting Projections
- Preparation of Annual 8609A
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls
- Credit Adjusters
- End of Compliance Period
Early Bird Pricing: Payment must be received no later than October 14th for a participant to qualify for the advanced registration fee.
- Registration fees are refundable less a $75 per person administrative charge if notification is received no later than 5:00 p.m. 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. Refunds will not be granted to any registrant who cancels after that time. All refunds must be requested in writing.
- No refunds or registration transfers to a future session will be permitted within 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. However, you may send a substitute attendee to the same course/session for which you registered but can no longer attend. Please inform us in writing of any substitutions three business days prior to the start of the workshop. No substitutions will be accepted less than three business days prior to the start of the workshop.
- Advance registration and full payment are required in order to be admitted to the workshop. We may not be able to hold your spot in the class if full payment is not received 14 days prior to the start of the workshop.
- A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received 7 days prior to the start of the workshop.