This one-day training session includes recent updates and revisions as well as a detailed interpretation of HUD’s Consolidated Audit Guide, and brings together training expertise and experience in subsidized multifamily housing both in conducting program audits and identifying and resolving compliance problems.
Participants are provided with a comprehensive and up to date audit reference course book. Participants will leave the workshop with the knowledge to conduct a fully compliant HUD audit.
Participants completing the course receive 8 CPE credits in Auditing (Governmental).
Brochure: Accounting Series (pdf)
An additional one-day workshop on the rules affecting Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties will be offered in in select cities. Click here for more information on From The Ground Up: The ABC’s of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Deals.
Who Should Attend:
Certified Public Accountants (CPA’s) and other senior finance accounting staff involved with completion of HUD audits.
One-day HUD Audit Update Training and Examination
- Legislative, GAAP, and GAAS updates, and Yellow Book Requirements
- Update on Electronic Filing
- Discussion and Update on HUD Handbook IG 2000.04 and Techniques for Auditing Compliance with the HUD Regulatory Agreement
- Update on Occupancy Issues
- Incorporating Uniform Guidance and HUD Audits
- Section 8 Contract Administration
- Update on HUD Handbook 4350.3
- Update on Quality Assurance and REAC Financial Filing Requirements
- Questions and Answers
*Based on a daily schedule of 8:30a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with a lunch break from Noon – 1 p.m. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. Participants will be served complimentary lunch.
Early Bird Pricing: Payment must be received no later than October 14th for a participant to qualify for the advanced registration fee.
- Registration fees are refundable less a $75 per person administrative charge if notification is received no later than 5:00 p.m. 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. Refunds will not be granted to any registrant who cancels after that time. All refunds must be requested in writing.
- No refunds or registration transfers to a future session will be permitted within 30 days prior to the start of the workshop. However, you may send a substitute attendee to the same course/session for which you registered but can no longer attend. Please inform us in writing of any substitutions three business days prior to the start of the workshop. No substitutions will be accepted less than three business days prior to the start of the workshop.
- Advance registration and full payment are required in order to be admitted to the workshop. We may not be able to hold your spot in the class if full payment is not received 14 days prior to the start of the workshop.
- A $100 late fee will be assessed if full payment is not received 7 days prior to the start of the workshop.