Who Should Attend
- CPAs and other senior finance accounting staff involved with completion of audits on HUD-assisted properties will learn how to conduct a fully compliant audit and earn up to 8 CPE credits in Auditing (Governmental) in a live group format.
- Financial Managers and other accounting staff at property management companies will learn how to prepare for HUD-assisted property audits and utilize company resources efficiently and cost effectively.
- Federal, state and local government officials responsible for reviewing and approving audits will gain valuable insight and sharpen their knowledge.
- Be updated on the audit opportunities as HUD implements its RAD program converting a large part of the portfolio of PHA multifamily properties to the REAC system.
- Gain an understanding of the effect of the new audit requirements under the OMB Uniform Guidance standards.
- Learn how to delineate between HUD mortgage financing and rental subsidy programs, updated on new and pending legislation.
- Review the HUD audit cycle and REAC and OMB related reporting obligations.
- Explore new pronouncements from:
- The Government Accountability Office (GAO) regarding federal audit responsibilities in HUD reporting and implementation.
- The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on non-profit reporting requirements for owners of HUD properties.
- Learn about new requirements and handbook changes from the HUD Inspector General and HUD Multifamily Housing regarding content and timing
of HUD reporting package and changes to REAC physical and financial review.
- Review compliance requirements regarding tenant certification in HUD rental subsidy programs enabling review of tenant files and development of associated disclosures
An additional one-day workshop on the rules affecting Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties will be offered in in select cities. Click here for more information on From The Ground Up: The ABC’s of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Deals.
Registered CPE Sponsor:
PKF O’Connor Davies is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority in the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Early Bird Pricing: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Read the Cancellation Policy
Early Bird Pricing: Cutoff for Early Bird is close of business on Tuesday, September 18th. Early Bird pricing is not eligible for group pricing.
Registering a Group? If you need to register four (4) or more individuals for any of these training offerings, please email email@example.com with the names and email addresses of each participant, and we will invoice you at the Standard Price (not Early Bird) for 1-3 and then $75 off each registrant beyond that number.