The Accounting Series
For Independent Auditors, CEOs, CFOs and Development Professionals of HUD-Assisted and LIHTC Properties
|October Session||November Session|
|Part 1: HUD-Assisted Properties: Update & Tools||October 20, 9 a.m.-1 p.m||November 10, 1 p.m.-5 p.m|
|Part 2: HUD-Assisted and LIHTC Deals: Updates and Compliance Issues||October 22, 9 a.m.-1 p.m||November 12, 1 p.m.-5 p.m|
NOTE: The Accounting Series is an 8-hour course split into two, four-hour days, with Session 1 held on October 20th & 22nd and Session 2 on November 10th & 12th. You must attend both days to earn up to 8 hours of CPE credit. (Non-CPE Registration is also available)
Registered CPE Sponsor
PKF O’Connor Davies is registered with the National Association of State Boards Of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to National Registry of CPE sponsors through its website. www.nasbaregistry.org
The Accounting Series Course
Lack of specific guidance and limited information from regulatory agencies are the greatest challenges CPAs and development teams face in completing annual audits of subsidized housing. Take advantage of this unique training opportunity specifically designed to give participants the knowledge and tools to conduct fully compliant audits of HUD-assisted properties and understand the layering of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Properties.
Participants will benefit from the expertise and experience of the program sponsors, PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP and Quadel Consulting. These companies are leaders in their respective fields with more than 30 years of experience in training auditors. Together, they offer participants a combination of proven training abilities, expertise in technical requirements and practical experience in conducting HUD-Assisted and LIHTC audits unmatched by any other organization conducting similar training.
The audit training programs are distinguished by the depth of knowledge of the faculty. Each session is taught by a CPA who has direct experience in conducting audits and by a subsidized housing professional who has broad knowledge of program rules and identification and resolution of compliance problems.
- Stewart Grubman, CPA
Partner, PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP
- Paul Collins, Senior Trainer
Quadel Consulting & Training, LLC
- Margaret Penrod, COS, C17P
Manager, PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP
Who Should Attend
- CPAs and senior finance accounting staff involved with completion of audits on HUD-assisted properties will learn how to conduct a fully compliant audit and earn up to 7 CPE credits in Auditing (Governmental) and 1 CPE credit in Auditing (Specialized Knowledge) in group internet format.
- Financial managers, development team members, and accounting staff at property management companies will learn how to prepare forHUD-assisted property audits and how to utilize company resources efficiently and cost effectively.
- CFOs, CPAs, and development team members of management companies, non-profit sponsors, general partners and accounting firms who want to learn about LIHTC updates and about how to avoid compliance issues through group internet format.
- Federal, state and local government officials responsible for reviewing and approving audits will gain valuable insight and sharpen their knowledge.
Click on the Session links below for more information about individual parts and pricing.
Note: Other than the start times, the October & November sessions are identical. To receive all 8 credits of CPE, you must register for Part 1: HUD Assisted Properties: Update & Tools and Part 2: HUD-Assisted and LIHTC Deals: Update & Compliance. You do not need to register for both parts, but you must register for both parts to get all the CPE credit.